ECGC Ltd. (Some time ago Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India Ltd.), entirely claimed by Government of India, was set up in 1957 with the goal of advancing fares from the nation by giving Credit Risk Insurance and related administrations for fares. It works under the managerial control of Ministry of Commerce and Industry, and is overseen by a Board of Directors containing agents of the Government, Reserve Bank of India, saving money, and protection and sending out group. Throughout the years it has planned distinctive fare credit hazard protection items to suit the necessities of Indian exporters and business banks augmenting send out credit.
ECGC is basically a fare advancement association, looking to enhance the aggressiveness of the Indian exporters by giving them credit protection covers. ECGC keeps its excellent rates at the ideal level.
How does ECGC help exporters ?
- Provides guidance in export-related activities.
- Makes available information on different countries with it’s own credit ratings.
- Makes it easy to obtain export finance from banks/financial institutions.
- Assists exporters in recovering bad debts.
- Provides information on credit-worthiness of overseas buyers.